There are lots of different kinds of wood cutting boards out there, so it can be hard to choose the right one for you.
Here are some things to consider:
1) What kind of knife do you have? If you have a lot of knives with high carbon content, you’ll want to be careful about what kind of wood cutting board you choose. You can use a hardwood cutting board with high carbon knives, but they will need to be oiled regularly. If your knife is made from stainless steel or forged steel, you can use any kind of wood cutting board without worry.
2) How much do I want to spend? Different types of wood are priced differently, some more expensive than others, and some even have unique characteristics that make them worth their higher price tag (like how long they stay looking new). But if money is no object for you and all else is equal, go ahead and splurge on the best quality board you can find!
3) Do I have the space for it? If you have a small kitchen, the size of your cutting board may be an important factor in which one you choose. A large butcher block can take up a lot of room on your countertop, so if this is an issue for you, make sure to measure out where it will go before purchasing anything!
4) Color and style of wood cutting board? The color and style of wood you choose for your cutting board can also affect how it looks in your kitchen. If you have a colorful kitchen, you might want to pick out a more neutral color like white or gray. If you have lots of wood accents around the room already (like cabinets), then darker colors like cherry or a black wood board will look great with those too!
5) What type of wood works best for me? When looking at different types of wood cutting boards, you’ll notice that there are two main types: hardwood and softwood. Hardwoods tend to be a little more expensive than softwoods but they also last longer – and they usually have fewer knots in them too! Softwoods will offer more flexibility (which is great if you want to use your cutting board for chopping meat), but they don’t last as long.